Outlook 2003 - Changing font taking an age

Radix Lecti 10:20 03 Feb 2009

Hi there, for some reason, when I want to change font (style, or size), I highlight the text I want to format and then click on the Fonts dropdown. It can take up to 40 seconds before the fonts list is displayed.

I've experienced something similar in the distant past, but that was due to being overzealous with font installation in my early computer using days!

There are only 20 or so fonts installed on this machine that's giving me the difficulties.

It's not always been this way (it's my work PC), and no hardware changes have been made.

Any ideas?

(I'm running Windows XP,Athlon 64 3200+ Processor (2ghz), 1gb RAM).

Radix Lecti 09:14 05 Feb 2009

Anyone have any ideas?

anchor 13:16 05 Feb 2009

I have lots more fonts on my XP machine with a similar spec. I use Outlook and can change fonts is a second or two.

No help to you I know, but it may give a clue to someone else.

T I M B O 13:30 05 Feb 2009

How long does your computer take to close down or boot up, can you give us a time please, thank you

Radix Lecti 13:31 05 Feb 2009

Boot up, 2 mins ish... close down approx 1 min 30 secs.

T I M B O 13:37 05 Feb 2009

thats not bad. I was thinking that maybe something was hogging your recources, what scan software do you have on that computer and antivirus?

Radix Lecti 13:45 05 Feb 2009

I have some sort of cut-down Corporate version of Norton. I'm on a corporate network y'see.

T I M B O 13:47 05 Feb 2009

A company pc ??

Radix Lecti 13:57 05 Feb 2009

Yep, but helpdesk could take over a month to get to resolving it! That's why I've posed the question here... to save my sanity :o)

T I M B O 14:00 05 Feb 2009

Having worked in firms computers b4, i think its best you leave this to the IT experts where you work. They may not like some or any downloads you might make.

Radix Lecti 14:16 05 Feb 2009

Hahaaa, if only they *were* experts. They're script monkeys here I'm afraid, and like every other time, with mine and colleagues machines, it's best to sort it yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache