outlook 2003

delantero 23:37 22 May 2006

I'm running XP and outlook 2003. I have a hotmail account as my default e-mail and outlook automatically connects to retrieve any new e-mails when I open the program. I have added a Gmailaccount to outlook. I can send and receive ok but outlook does not check for new e-mails automatically like it does for hotmail. I have to do this manually through the send/receive function. Is it possible to set outlook to connect to both accounts automatically on start up. I have searched everywhere and can't find the answer!!!

johnnyrocker 23:42 22 May 2006

is there not the facility somewhere in tools/accounts options to select 'include this account'?

johnny.

delantero 00:07 23 May 2006

thanks johnny but still no further forward.

delantero 21:22 23 May 2006

anybody?

Ade_1 21:49 23 May 2006

Well, i use Outlook for one account but i have it set to automatically Send and Recieve Automatically. I do this by going into Tools > Options > Mail Setup (the tab) then press Send/Recieve button, then i nthe window that has opened tick the box which says SCHEDULE AN AUTOMATIC SEND/RECIEVE every (your choice) Minutes.

It should do that for all accounts. "All Accounts" under the GROUP NAME heading are selected in the white backgrounded text area.

igr 21:49 23 May 2006

Outlook Tools/options/Mail Setup/Send/receive(tick) Press Send/receieve All Accounts Edit and add your Gmail and any other accounts to ALL Accounts with your preferred options

delantero 22:43 23 May 2006

Thanks for the help. "SCHEDULE AN AUTOMATIC SEND/RECIEVE" as suggested by Ade_1 seems to have done the trick. Thanks igr but I had already done what you said but for some reason it didn't connect to gmail automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?