Outlook 2003 and 2007

exdragon 17:05 16 Oct 2009

Hi - does anyone know if Outlook 2007 can deal with html emails? If you look at one review, it says it can, but another review says not.

Is there anywhere to download a trial of just Outlook 2007? All the sites I've looked at which offer a 60 day trial direct you to a trial of the full blown Office suite and I already have a copy of Office Home & Student.

Thanks

Woolwell 17:13 16 Oct 2009

It can handle html. It is the default setting for composing e-mails.

AlanHo 17:16 16 Oct 2009

Note that Outlook 2007 will not display .gif animations or play music inserted in an html Email. I assume this is a security measure.

exdragon 17:37 16 Oct 2009

Thank you, chaps. I was a bit wary of looking at the Office trial, as I've had enough problems with MS telling me my 60 trial is about to expire, when I bought the full version months ago. I don't need to use it for music and suchlike, just emails and attachments.

However, following advice here, I spoke to someone who assured me my version was live and activated.

I'll give Outlook a go, although when the trial ends, will there be an opportunity to buy just that bit of it?

Woolwell 18:10 16 Oct 2009

You will have to buy the office suite unless you purchase Outlook on its own but that can be expensive.

Why do you want Outlook? There are other e-mail clients available.

exdragon 18:35 16 Oct 2009

Woolwell - I send out a fair amount of email merge stuff with attachments, although I do use Your Mailing List Provider for the ones going out to large numbers. YMLP is used mainly for work connected with a club I belong to, and they have paid for it.

I've got 2003 on my desktop, but wanted something similar on the laptop which has Vista as well as Home & Office on it.

I may, however, have a rethink!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?