Outlook 2002 Slows down reading new emails

X_RAY95 18:35 03 Jan 2007

Hi all,

Recently, after doing a big PC clean (scans, disk cleanup, chkdsk, defrag etc.), Outlook 2002 has started playing up. As far as I can remember, the problems started after doing a disk cleanup (but don't take this as fact, i'm not completely sure that's when it started). Everything seems to be fine until I attempt to read a new email. As soon as I click on an unopened email, the program completely slows down. Alt-tabbing my way out works and it seems that nothing on the outside slows down while Outlook is trying to open the email. One thing to notice is that the CPU usage and PF usage do not shoot to high levels as I would assume to happen when something slows down like this. The last thing to mention is that eventually the email will open so the program hasn't completely failed.

Any ideas? Is this something to do with the clean I did with the computer, something else wrong with it or just the email server playing up.

Thanks

VoG II 18:41 03 Jan 2007

Try the Inbox repair tool click here

X_RAY95 19:04 03 Jan 2007

Nope. Didn't find any errors. Now when I click Send and Recieve, I get the error message, "The Operation has failed."

VoG II 19:07 03 Jan 2007

Is there an error code with that message?

X_RAY95 19:12 03 Jan 2007

Never mind, tried restarting the computer and all is well :). Thanks for the help.

X_RAY95 19:15 03 Jan 2007

Alright, it's started up again. Must have been a one off (strange). The error message has gone(there was no error code) but it is slowing down again.

X_RAY95 19:48 03 Jan 2007

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?