Outlook 2000 Problem

rawprawn 12:13 05 Apr 2005

I send out a newsletter each month to a club of which I am a member. One of the members using Outlook 2000 can't read them properly because the whole of the first 2cm of the left hand side of the page is missing. I can only assume that this is a format problem and have suggested he change to "Rich Text" but I don't know if that is the cure. He lives too far away for me to go and have a look and he is not really computer literate.All the other members receive theirs with no problem. Does anyone know why this should happen.

DieSse 13:38 05 Apr 2005

What form is your newsletter sent in - Rich Text? - or more likely HTML? - an attached Word Doc? - or what?

rawprawn 13:55 05 Apr 2005

Hi DieSse It is sent in Rich Text, and I copy from a word document into Outlook.I would be pleased if you can shed any light.

DieSse 14:32 05 Apr 2005

Instead of copying from Word into Outlook, after you've composed the document choose File - Send To - mail recipient. Do your addressing from there and see if this solves his problem.

It's simpler for you (?perhaps) and maybe the problem is more to do with the copyng/pasting than his email client - yes I know it seems to work for others - but try it anyway.

DieSse 14:34 05 Apr 2005

PS - I also use Outlook2000 - can you send me a copy and I'll have a look in mine, too. Will email you with my email addy.

DieSse 14:34 05 Apr 2005

PPS - send a copy with both methods of transferring it, and I can see the difference (if any!)

rawprawn 14:36 05 Apr 2005

Thanks I will send it to you both my normal way, and the way you suggest to see if there is a difference.

rawprawn 14:45 05 Apr 2005

They are on their way.

rawprawn 14:48 05 Apr 2005

I have never used File/Send to before, It is a much better way than the way I was doing it.Thanks for the tip.

DieSse 14:48 05 Apr 2005

See my replies - one OK, the other - left hand egde missing!

rawprawn 15:13 05 Apr 2005

I have sent it to you again using File/Send to check, because I have no way of telling which was which fro your reply. If this last one is OK then I will know that the problem was in copying and pasting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?