Outlook 1997 2Gb limit

xania 21:08 06 Jul 2010

A friend with an old version of office has just hit the 2 Gb limit - yes I was amazed when I saw the size of his deleted folder - but his system is now corrupt and will not open, and, of course, the repair tool is useless for this problem. (fortunately he took a backup which is only 10 days old - dah!!!. I am moving him into the 21st century by getting him Office 2003, but I understand that you cannot simply just load the file and off you go with the 20Gb limit. As I have a few days before I need to start work on this problem, have any of you done this before and how do I do it. I would have expected to be able to merely import the old file - I cannot convert it to a .csv because its already over the limit so will not open. Will the 2003 version allow me to import the corrupt .pst version? Ideas, please.

MAT ALAN 21:46 06 Jul 2010

click here

might help...

xania 23:56 06 Jul 2010

Looks very interesting. There's pleny of ideas here. Thanks. I won't be in a position to try this until I get the newer version of Office hopefully over the week-end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?