Outgoing e-mail size limitation!

[email protected] 17:27 12 Nov 2003

XP,Outlook,Mailwasher. If I try to send an email over 500k in size, the transmission fails and I receive an error message "The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administator or ISP".
I have contacted my ISP (Tiscali France) who say there is no 500k limit and it must be the way I have my PC configured?. Ummm, it used to work ok but it doesnt now! No problems with incoming mails over 500k. The emails are usually short text supporting Jpeg photo attachments. Can anyone throw any light on this problem please?

recap 19:19 12 Nov 2003

Try the following:

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.

Click the Mail tab.

In the Account box, click the account you want to change.

Click Properties, and then click the Advanced tab.

Select the Break apart messages larger than check box, and enter a number in the box.

[email protected] 19:47 12 Nov 2003

I didnt find the "Break apart messages" box but I did find one called "Server Timeouts" which was set almost to the left on "Short". I changed it all the way to the right "Long" = 10mins, then tried a 1meg file to my lad and it went OK. I dont recall ever moving this timeout selector and will have another look for the Break Apart box, but it now works and its thanks to you. Cheers pal.

recap 19:53 12 Nov 2003

Your welcome [email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?