Out look Express

Nuneatonian 09:47 26 Jan 2006

Hi all
A bit of a problem with outlook express (6). Just recently I have sent and received emails to and from Europe. However when I replied to emails like attached to the received one, boxes came up saying there were unknown text on them, and it got really technical. Like mentioning codes. The only thing I can think what text it meant was the symbol for the Euro. I did press one of the boxes to send my email, and hope it got there ok, and they could read it and it wasn't all funny symbols.
Is there a way round this, is there any way of adding the euro to my computer, sounds silly, there are no euro symbols on the keyboard, are there up to date ones or do I need more software?

Stuartli 10:01 26 Jan 2006

Some Microsoft Support help at:

click here

Stuartli 10:06 26 Jan 2006

click here

and a note that:

Microsoft Word already has a quick way to do it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+E. This is strictly a Word solution as it doesn't work in Excel (although Excel supports the Euro symbol when you format a cell to display numbers as currency). The method works only if you're using a font that supports the symbol".

Perhaps composing in Word and then cutting and pasting your message into OE would be the easiest way for the moment?

Stuartli 10:07 26 Jan 2006

The note is from a reference and should have included quotes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?