Oulook express - cannot delete message

lilythepink 15:58 16 Mar 2009

I have been trying to send a lot of photos to my home email address, in fact an email to myself. I attached some photos I had saved on my external disk
Only problem is now, it is stuck in my outbox for over a week. I cannot delete it as it says it is sending it, but it never arrives and it never stops trying to send it.
Any advice>>>

rawprawn 16:07 16 Mar 2009

Try this I found on the net.

Open Outlook, go to File, Work Off Line.

Go to your Outbox and open the email, Right click on the attachment and select Remove. Then delete the email after closing it.
Then go back to File and deselect Work Offline.

Another way would be to Click on the Sending email message at the bottom right and select cancel mail delivery and then go to the Outbox and delete the email.

I suspect you can not delete it becauuse it is in the process of being sent. So you have to stop that process before you can delete the email or it's attachment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beeuuem 16:31 16 Mar 2009

Outlook Express stores the contents of each folder (e.g, Inbox, Outbox) in a separate file. You need to delete the file that is associated with the Outlook Express Outbox.

1/Close Outlook Express.

2/ Start Windows Explorer (Start, Run, Explorer or Win+E).

3/ Go to your profile area (e.g., C:\Documents and Settings\mib).

4/ Within your profile, go to the folder Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{[very long number]}\Microsoft\Outlook Express.

5/Find file Outbox.dbx and delete it.

6/Start Outlook Express
The system will create a new Outbox.dbx, and the Outbox will be empty.

lilythepink 17:10 16 Mar 2009

I am on Windows Vista, and cannot run anything by the look of it, it only gives the option to search!!!!

mfletch 19:34 16 Mar 2009

Just type Run in the search box and it will be at the top of the list

brundle 19:38 16 Mar 2009

You're using Windows Mail then, not Outlook Express. The two are very similar looking.
click here

more likely to work is this;

click here

lilythepink 20:05 16 Mar 2009

thank you, got it deleted at last....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?