Ouestion on faxing with a PC.

djfree 16:57 26 Feb 2003

Hi all,
I am kind of new to all this but was wondering would anyone be able to answer my question.I wanted to know if it is possible to receive a fax through your PC without being connected to the internet.The reason I ask this is because I don't have a broadband connection.If it is possible could you suggest any programs I might look for.I am running a windows ME PC.

Djohn 17:10 26 Feb 2003

Yes! Supervoice is a good program, will work as an answering machine as well. J.

Newuser3968 17:14 26 Feb 2003

Yes i believe it is possible to recieve faxes when not connected, in fact it's easier than when you are connected, I use a program called Superfax, this program needs to be on to recieve, you will find all info in the readme file that comes with the software contact SuperVoice

Newuser3968 17:16 26 Feb 2003

havnt used mine as an answerfone yet.........

Djohn 17:22 26 Feb 2003

Newuser3968, Works perfect, just activate program and minimise to task bar, off you go out, and the software will know what type of call it's receiving, Fax/Data/Voice, and will deal with accordingly.

djfree 17:36 26 Feb 2003

Thanks everyone for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?