other way to open safe mode without using F8

docterdee 18:55 19 Jul 2013

can't open 'safe mode'by pressing f8 repeatedly along with windows startup.i can see pc was loading,trying to open windows xp for awhile(about ten sec.) on my monitor. then ,black Screen & nothing can go on.wishing your helps.

Nontek 19:07 19 Jul 2013

original post

I guess you are new to these forums, so you are very much Welcome! However, please stick to this one Thread only, until you are satisfied there is nothing else we can do to help on your chosen subject. F8 is correct for XP Safe Mode so I would keep trying for a little longer, it might take quite a few attempts. Meanwhile, other members here might come up with additional suggestions. To prevent confusion, please mark your other thread with a Green tick - you can do so by opening it and then clicking on one of the grey ticks down the right-hand side. That way, others will know that you are watching this particular thread.

rdave13 21:02 19 Jul 2013

If you can't boot to XP's safe mode via tapping F8 repeatedly while booting, then try tapping the F5 key repeatedly. Some Bios override the OS's feature. Remenber it is tapping the key not pressing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires