Other than MS Outlook for e-mails

compumac 18:07 08 Oct 2014

I have used Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express)for so many years with the ability to access several e-mail communications within the same application and have become very blasé about it.

Today my Outlook threw a total wobbly and it occurred to me that I had never used anything else other than Outlook for my e-mail, albeit I do use g-mail for a particular purpose.

It will be obvious that I have been set in my ways and ask as to perhaps better alternatives to Outlook for e-mails?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:20 08 Oct 2014

the latest windows uses Live mail. download via windows essentials.

lotvic 20:38 08 Oct 2014

I use Thunderbird since moving to Windows 7 from XP and Outlook Express.

wee eddie 20:45 08 Oct 2014

To me, the email side of Outlook is incidental. It's database of Contact Information that I have built up over the years is its strength

bumpkin 20:47 08 Oct 2014

Used Thunderbird for years, recommend it.

compumac 20:57 08 Oct 2014

wee eddie

I used to use Outlook for all of my contacts but found that with e-mails and contacts that the .pst file became huge. So I used MS Access for all my contacts for the past twenty years. My use of Outlook has been the reversal of yours.

compumac 20:59 08 Oct 2014

bumpkin lotvic

Will look into Thunderbird in the morning. Thanks for recommendation.

wee eddie 21:59 08 Oct 2014

Nah, my .pst file is only about 16 MB, so it's not a problem.

I only have about 450 Contacts now I've closed the Business and deleted all the Reps, Account details and other information that I felt I needed at my fingertips, from it.

Forum Editor 23:11 08 Oct 2014

There's really nothing to touch Outlook, but if you want to try another good email client take a look at Thunderbird - it's an excellent second best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone