"Other device" problems having reinstalled XP

Elkopop 18:03 21 Apr 2007

Has to reinstall XP and now have the yellow question maks against Other PCI Bridge Device, PCI Device, SM Bus Controller and finally Unknown Devices.
Against each in Properties it says driver not installed code 28- reinstall. When I try the reinstall routine via Hardware update because I cant configure internet access I can only point to the driver File on Hard Drive as pre-installed by Mesh but Windows wizard does not seem to want to use them for the above devices. Any ideas would be gratefully received- thanks

Forum Editor 19:02 21 Apr 2007

and if so, did you use it?

Elkopop 22:21 21 Apr 2007

Yes I did, but the only reference to drivers is the file that theyinstalled on the c drive, as far as I can see, there seems to be just the Windows files on the restore disk.

Elkopop 23:33 24 Apr 2007

All items have now been installed with no probs shown in device manager but have no sound any ideas, have looked in sound control panel to see anything obviously wrong but cant see why??

Elkopop 11:45 27 Apr 2007

Had to reinstall windows but chose to place in a different location than the corrupted original, second installation did not install correctly and subsequently reinstalled correctly over the original location. How can I remove the unwanted installation safely?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone