OT - Sharing a Sky TV signal

User-AD3653D0-1723-462E-B832A2AB8950B2A6 19:18 26 Dec 2004

I'm hoping that someone here knows enough to point me in the right direction.

I want to install SKY TV into my upstairs study/lounge, but would also like my kids to be able to access the signal in the main lounge.

Is it possible to do this? Is it wireless? If it's possible can the two TV sets be looking at different channels?

As you can tell, I am totally ignorant about all of this. FWIW, I can't even get Channel 5 where I live.

john-232317 20:36 26 Dec 2004

try here

click here

TECHNODIMWIT 22:07 26 Dec 2004

click here

moving next month, and need to try a wireless solution, no more burying cables etc.

Roadgiant 09:46 27 Dec 2004

I have just bought a reciever/sender setup which I am about to install this morning, and will post later to let you know how I get on and the details.
In answer to the question "can the two TV sets be looking at different channels?" the answer is yes and no, the second TV can only watch the same channel on SKY as the SKY reciever is tuned into, but the second TV can still tune into normal terrestial (BBC1, ITV1 etc)assuming its connected up to an aerial.

Graham ® 10:15 27 Dec 2004

You would need Sky Multiroom to watch different Sky channels click here

Roadgiant 11:15 27 Dec 2004

Installed and working in about 5 minutes, the equipment I am using is the DG180 made by a company called AEI click here
If you check on their website they appear to have a marketing company called Easylife click here.
As mentioned above the model I bought is the DG180 which I bought on Bid-up TV for £49 + p&p, on checking the AEI/Easylife web site the DG200 looks very similar(possibly a later model).
With my setup I am very impressed with the picture quality and also the abilty to be able to control the SKY box via remote control on the reciever end of the setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?