Ornage Broadband Wireless Connection Issues

User-0AEAC900-29E8-4D97-ACAC6A4B7F8A6406 14:06 22 Jan 2008

I recently changed my internet provider from BT to Orange. I previosly had my computer hooked up wirelessly to my BT hub with no problems.

I have now recieved an orqange wireless hub and have managed to connect to the internet using a hard connection but cannot connect wirelessly.

I called up the help desk at Orange who tried various fixes before informing that it was the built in wireless card in my lap to. They said that it is turning itself off.

I can't underdtand why this would be as it worked fine with my previous bt hub. I have a Sony Vaio lap top that has the wireless card built in.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar and manged to correct the problem?

ventanas 15:02 22 Jan 2008

Sounds like a cop out, but may not be. I assume you have the Livebox. I struggled for a while with one of these. Funnily enough my laptops went straight on, it was a desktop that struggled.

I assume you are entering the correct key (these are fully case sensitive) and have set pairing mode on the Livebox.

No matter what I tried I could not connect. it was only when I swapped the wireless adaptor provided with the PC for the one supplied by Orange that it connected - immediately.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:35 22 Jan 2008

IF the Livebox is switched off or powered down then it resets to it factory settings.

If you can connect to the livebox BUT NOT get any web pages to open you need to cahange the security setting in the live box.

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable.

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to WPA security only

7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to reset itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?