Organising IE& Favorites

MichelleC 13:49 25 Jan 2007

I'm trying (very hard) to fathom out how to insert a new folder into favorites in alphabetical order. Of course adding one puts it at the bottom, and click and drag will only put it into another folder not in between folders. Am I missing something?

MichelleC 13:50 25 Jan 2007

IE7.

Stuartli 13:53 25 Jan 2007

Normally right clicking any form of menu in a Microsoft (or Firefox for that matter) and selecting Sort by Name does the trick.

Whaty 13:53 25 Jan 2007

Is it not possible to 'right-click' in list and choose 'Sort By Name'? Might have to have the toolbar visible and do it through there?

Terry Brown 14:59 25 Jan 2007

The easiest way is to go to search -show all files & system files. Look for favorites (Note American spelling). You can then open the folder and arrange it in any way you want.Do not forget to reset your search options when you are finished
Terry

MichelleC 15:26 25 Jan 2007

Thanks guys.

Batch 16:26 25 Jan 2007

A bit late in the day I know, buy clicking and dragging (within IE7, not WIndows Explorer) allows me to reposition between folders without any problem.

rabadubdub 16:34 25 Jan 2007

You CAN actually position it between other folders with a little deftness its when there appears a black line with a vertical stop at either end, then release the button.
I agree 'Sort by Name' would be useful in this - its there in the start menus on desktop eg.

Rab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?