Order of photo files burnt to CD puzzle

Charlie Babbage 20:09 20 Mar 2008

A friend took over 200 photos on her holiday and successfully downloaded them to her hard drive. She then wanted to make a slide show of the photos but they were not in the order which she wanted them to appear in the show.

She renamed each photo with a unique number e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc and when this had been done the photos displayed in the correct order. All the photos were filed in a separate folder.

That folder was then burnt to a CD but when the CD was played the photos were not in the right order.

Any ideas what might have caused this to happen?

Alternatively, is there any software which can be used to get photos into a specific order prior to doing a slide show?

woodchip 20:28 20 Mar 2008

i think it is the way burning to optical works. is different to hard drive

Monoux 20:29 20 Mar 2008

I think you need to rename the files 001, 002, 003 not 1,2,3 because 1,11,12,13 will come 2 also not put them in a folder just straight on the disc

I use a prgram called Bulk Rename Utility by Jim Willshire. It does take a bit of figuring out but once you grasdp how it operates I've found very good

Click here for site : click here

woodchip 20:30 20 Mar 2008

When creating a Slide Show you should just burn the Show not files separate

Monoux 20:32 20 Mar 2008

Really must learn to read posts through to get rid of errors

Should have been
I think you need to rename the files 001, 002, 003 not 1,2,3 because 1,11,12,13 will come before 2, also do not put them in a folder just straight on the disc

I use a program called Bulk Rename Utility by Jim Willshire. It does take a bit of figuring out but once you grasp how it operates I've found very good

Click here for site : click here

Monoux 20:33 20 Mar 2008

Use the Click here from my first post Grrrrhh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017