orange spam control

jarani 22:43 26 Aug 2006

i seem to remember a recent discussion on this topic, which i cannot now find, to the effect that the orange spam control now fails to stop most of the incoming spam mail - i had the same problem at the time --- but today the spam control has returned to 100% effective control - has anyone else noticed the improvement ? -jarani

jolorna 22:51 26 Aug 2006

the only time i see a improvment is saturday & sunday maybe they don't operate then, but if you have a secret formular i would be interseted to hear it

jarani 23:02 26 Aug 2006

jolorna - well, today is saturday - i hope i have not spoken too soon - but improvement is dramatic - jarani

VCR97 19:21 27 Aug 2006

That was probably the thread to which I contributed. I said that I would e-mail Orange. I had a reply from Orange saying that they couldn't filter all spam (I hadn't asked them to do that) and that some folks might have an interest in some items. I replied, repeating that the problem had coincided with Wannado changing the name to Orange and, again, pointing out the obvious, gibberish nature of senders and subjects. I've had no reply but neither have I had any spam in the in-box for two days, which is amazing. Let's hope that it stays this way.

jarani 23:18 27 Aug 2006

VCR97 - thank you for the update - i also feel that there has been a marked improvement in filtering the spam over this sat and sun - hope it continues - jarani

jarani 21:31 28 Aug 2006

just an update - third day free of spam - 30 odd spam messages in the spam box - looks good so far - jarani

VCR97 20:00 29 Aug 2006

I had one in the in-box yesterday but it had normal-looking originator and subject so I have no complaint about that. None today. Orange replied to my e-mail saying that all they had done was to change the name from Wannado to Orange and hadn't touched the filtering.

jarani 20:25 29 Aug 2006

vcr97 - 56 spam, only 2 got through - well done orange - swomething must have been done to achieve this improvement - jarani

bretsky 22:07 29 Aug 2006

click here

Just as I thought................My spam seems to fluctuate between 10 to 20 on random days in my inbox.

Anyway, thanx for the updates.

bretsky ;0)

jarani 23:36 09 Sep 2006

hi guys - i now get over 60 junk mails per day, all placed in the junk mail folder, none in my inbox - really good news - anyone with a similar experience with orange ? - jarani

gpzdave 00:36 10 Sep 2006

i have been through freeserve, wanadoo and now orange with the same email and orange seems to mark it spam and let it into the junk where as its predessors would delete it. i did email orange about this but the response was less than satisfactory so i now use hotmail with a spare email for anything that needs doing online

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?