ORANGE MOBILE OFFICE CARD

sillysoo 07:41 23 Mar 2005

Hi, I have just purchased an Orange 3g/GPRS mobile office card which slots into my laptop and allows me access to the internet. However I am having alot of problems, everything is configured peoperly because it works ok very occasionally. But before I phone their helpline (nearly impossible to get through to), I would appreciate any of your helpfull comments and maybe answers to my problem. First of all the card is working ok 5% of the time, I am using it now to post this, however it took me 9 tries before I could even get into this website, I keep getting "cannot find server" you can see the card trying to connect by the green bars at the bottom of the page, but nearly every website I try and get into I get "cannot find server" when it does work it is fast compared to the earlier GPRS card not as fast as broadband but faster than dialup, but it works so seldom I am wondering if anyone can tell me why this might be, the signal strength bars on the "dashboard" show a strong connection. I am running xp home on my laptop....Thanks......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?