Orange Livebox unable to open webpages

FreakyFriday 13:04 07 Mar 2008

Has anyone else had the following problems and if so how can I get around it?

Orange Live box connected okay, Main PC connected into it via ethernet cable - but unable to open any webpages at all.

son connected wirelessly (from upstairs in his room) on his playstation 3 and Xbox360 and can access internet on both, able to browse net using his PS3.

If I unplug my telephone line and plug back into the my UBS modem then absolutely no problems with my pc viewing internet. Orange advised to re-install IE, and update drivers, not sure why this would make any difference as I've downloaded firefox too and when hooked up to the Livebox can't open webpages using that either! I have also updated IE to IE7.

Any other suggestions Pleeeeease

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:17 07 Mar 2008

1. router settings must be OK if can connect wirelessly

2. If I unplug my telephone line and plug back into the my UBS modem then absolutely no problems with my pc viewing internet.

This means IE / Firfox OK

3. Therefore sounds as if you have problems with either the ethernet connection on your PC or the ethernet connection in the Livebox.

a) try connection to the Yellow connection on the livebox instead of the red.

b) if still the same check in device manager that there is not a problem with the ethernet adaptor.

FreakyFriday 14:21 07 Mar 2008

Thanks FB, will try this evening when at home - will keep you posted.

Jak_1 16:33 07 Mar 2008

I had this problem last week, seems that some malware had altered my settings and the pc was running at a snails pace. After a re-boot widows loaded with different settings and I couldn't connect. I ran all my antispyware progs in safe mode and then did a system restore to the previous day when I knew all was fine. This sorted the problem and I was able to connect without a hitch.
I take it that all lights on the livebox are as they should be. Also have you tried re-setting the livebox?

Jak_1 16:43 07 Mar 2008

Just found this, may help if you wnt to reset the livebox and have forgotten how to.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?