Orange Free Broadband Offer?

vodkagal3 10:15 04 Jul 2006

I am considering an Offer from Orange who have taken over Wanadoo. At the moment I have 2GB Wireless and Talk the offer is for 8MEG.free broadband if you use Orange mobile phone.....I have no idea of the differance can anyone help me decide. The mobile package has to be £30 per month which seems alot but it will save money in the long run the package is a good one. Just like to know if my internet will be slower.....help

Thanks

spuds 10:25 04 Jul 2006

Don't know much about this offer, but what I do know is that all ISP's are looking at similar ways of gaining more customers.Especially since Car Warehouse started their 'new' venture.Give it another year, and the whole scene may change again.

If they are increasing your broadband (assuming you can obtain capacity) from 2Mb to 8mb, then it cannot be any slower to what you get at present.

Diodorus Siculus 10:29 04 Jul 2006

To be honest, I'm tempted by this offer myself. I'm already paying an Orange contract of a little over £30 per month so if I can get free BB, why not?

I should think that it will be a good service - Orange have been Wanadoo's parent company for a long while.

vodkagal3 11:38 04 Jul 2006

thanks for the replies but I am still unsure....I have 2GB at the moment and if I take Oranges offer then it will be 8meg....I don't know the difference between a GB and a MEG.

Isn't a GB bigger than MEG? I haven't a clue about these things!!! (dumb blonde or what!)

DauntlessEagle 11:39 04 Jul 2006

i would never get this .. i am on bt at the moment and there allright... one problem ... my internet disconects a bit and shouldent it be a always on connection ???

Stuartli 11:44 04 Jul 2006
  Fellsider 11:50 04 Jul 2006

Surely you are mixing up the broadband speed and the download limit (2Gb).

vodkagal3 12:18 04 Jul 2006

Thanks for all your help....now I understand and have decided to go ahead with the offer!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?