Orange Emails to Hotmail

SURVEY 13:42 29 Jun 2010

For over a week all emails that I send from Oarnge (freeserve etc) to hotmail are not arriving. The same problem arose a year or so ago and it appeared that Hotmail was blocking these as they said that Orange carried too much spam and Orange were doing nothing about it. Now the same thing is happening agin. Orange say they are aware of the problem but have no idea how long it will take to get resolved. Just what is wrong with Orange/Hotmail that they cannot sort this out?

bretsky 17:47 29 Jun 2010

Ah..... I'm glad I'm not the only one having the same problem, I too cannot send to a particular hotmail recipient for the last couple of weeks.

I Have sent loads of emails to her, but none have arrived and like you, I'm with orange and thought because my email address has freeserve in it, hotmail has been blocking them.

I use Thunderbird as my email client with no luck, I then sent her an email via my Orange web mail with no luck. I suggested she sent me an email so I could REPLY to it, so as to avoid typo errors...still no luck!
This is most frustrating as I can receive all her emails with no problem.
I live in hope...........thanks SURVEY.

bretsky ;0)

SURVEY 19:50 29 Jun 2010

Let's hope that Orange sorts this out. They really are hopeless, knowing that this is ongoing. Customer Service - do they know what it means? As they are aware of it wouldn't it be good PR to let their customers know that there is a problem and they are dealig with it rather than let us waste precious time trying to fathom out what is going on!

rickd 10:10 30 Jun 2010

I've also been having problems, and after weeks of thinking it was me, or the recipents fault it turns out that certain ISP's are blacklisting mail from orange for passing on so much spam.

I've been onto Orange who eventually replied with... "I'm sorry to learn of the issues that you're experiencing sending emails
to some recipients. I can advise you that Orange is currently aware of
issue-affecting customers, whereby, some ISPs have blocked emails sent
from Orange servers as Spam. This matter has been escalated to the
highest department and they're in contact with the blacklisting agencies
to resolve this issue as soon as possible."

Lets hope they do, or many people will ditch them for another ISP

ventanas 11:06 30 Jun 2010

That answers my question as well.
Cannot receive into Hotmail from my Orange Pop3 account and also from my Blackberry (Orange account).
Also Gmail is not receiving and neither is Orange's own web mail.

Not to big a deal for me and I've no problems with Orange anywhere else. Been with them for years.
I'll wait patiently for it to be sorted.

SURVEY 11:49 01 Jul 2010

Had a call from Orange yesterday confirming that they are aware of the problem and hope to get it resolved soon, maybe by the end of the week. However this is not the first time this has happened and I am now using my gmail account to send the majority of my emails and will gradually drop Orange out as quite apart from the highlighted problem, Orange does have an inordinate amount of spam that is not being removed at source.

rainbow_grl 13:25 07 Jul 2010

It is now nearly a month that I haven't received any messages from Orange accounts (orangehome/freeserve(fsnet) into my hotmail account.

This is getting more than annoying - even more so as there is no real Orange customer support at all. I have tried their help/support pages but nowhere in there is an email contact address mentioned.

I have also rung them in the past about other problems, only to be on the phone with somebody who I did not understand at all (and he didn't have a clue about what to do anyway). This would not be too bad if the calls were free but ...

Anyway, just wondering: is there nowhere where a petition could be started to get Orange to stop sending spam out and also to at least let their customers know that their emails are not being delivered?

rainbow_grl 16:42 07 Jul 2010

Don't know what has happened and who has done what but it seems as if emails from Orange customers are getting through to hotmail this afternoon.

Hope it stays that way. :)

STREETWORK 20:44 07 Jul 2010

Mail I send with any attachments are taking between 4 hours and 2 days to arrive, yep I have complained and got the standard reply...

bretsky 18:39 08 Jul 2010

Just got my MSGTag notifications through on a couple of emails I sent yesterday to this particular Hotmail address, re Tue, [email protected]:47
posting, so maybe just maybe...

bretsky ;0)

gobbostours 16:01 06 Jul 2011

Hi - this Orange-to-Hotmail problem has arisen again! I've not been able to send emails from Orange (old Freeserve a/c) to any Hotmail/Live a/c for over a week now. VERY ANNOYING! Does anyone know if it's being investigated/dealt with?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?