Orange email via Thunderbird away from home...How?

nick_j007 19:26 25 Jul 2010

I holiday away in the UK a fair bit and being addicted to my work (and self employed!) I need to be able to email smoothly.

This is where I'm at presently:

On my home network I use Thunderbird as my email client on a desk top and laptop at home. My email is imap.1and1.co.uk

At home it all works ok. When I use a wireless network when away from home I can receive emails ok, but I am unable to send them, so this compels me to use the email software provided by 1&1 and is very clunky to say the least. Trouble is that my Thunderbird emails don't show as replied to, and I start to get in a mess organisation-wise.

Question: Would a dongle overcome this problem of not being able to send?

I realise that using a web mail based approach would sort it (I have a GMail acct), but I am really keen to use one programme with one address in all circumstances.

Hope I'm being clear enough.

Thank you.

Nick

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 25 Jul 2010

Question: Would a dongle overcome this problem of not being able to send?

No

If you can receive then you have a connection you just need to set the outgoing mail correctly.

However if you have a orange email you can access it from the Orange Homepage click here click email in the left hand column and then on the account page enter your login and password to get your emails you can send a new mail from there as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?