Orange email

scoobydoo12 17:32 26 Aug 2010

Hi just wondered if anyone else is experiencing problems with orange email. I am getting a message 'cannot find server smtp.wanadoo.co.uk'. Is there anything I can do to try to resolve this problem as I am waiting for a very important email and cannot receive it at the moment. Any help appreciated

STREETWORK 17:36 26 Aug 2010

Same here, no email since about 3pm, no news update on Orange site either. *rap...

scoobydoo12 18:00 26 Aug 2010

Totally agree with you streetwork. Thanx for responding though

Woolwell 18:02 26 Aug 2010

Try changing it to smtp.orangehome.co.uk or smtp,orange.co.uk. wanadoo is rather old now.

Woolwell 18:03 26 Aug 2010

Also pop.orangehome.co.uk

Woolwell 18:04 26 Aug 2010

Just sent a test message to myself using orangehome and all ok.

scoobydoo12 18:16 26 Aug 2010

Have just tried that woolwell and still no joy. Thanks anyway.

STREETWORK 19:10 26 Aug 2010

I have tried all the POP's ans SMTP's and still no joy, even the webmail is not working when trying from Orange website...

This is bad when waiting for some documents to edit for a meeting tommorrow, looks like a late night or early morning.

Don't ring orange help, cos' they ae no help. Why do they cal it help when they can't, trade descriptions...

johndrew 19:35 26 Aug 2010

I managed to send them Orange) an e-mail asking what was going on via the 'Contact us' facility and received a response to say my query was being looked at; that was at 17:16.

To date nothing has changed. I still get an 'error' in OE and the message that, "The host 'pop.orangehome.co.uk' could not be found. ...." so I presume it is Orange that is down - especially with the numbers affected here.

I also checked the Orange site. I can get into it but not my web mail account.

Perhaps, given the PCA report the other day that Chinese spammers were on the attack, their servers have been overwhelmed.

Woolwell 19:39 26 Aug 2010

Very odd. My e-mail through Outlook is working but webmail is down.

Zak 19:41 26 Aug 2010

No joy via OE or webmail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone