Orange dial-up pay-as-you-go uninstalling

fredzepp 01:49 15 Nov 2006

Hi everyone,
I recently installed Orange dial-up software as a temporary connection while waiting for broadband. Without asking first, it added a search toolbar to the bottom of Outlook Express and the header bar now reads "Outlook Express provided by Orange". I think it may have adversely affected the running of other applications as well. There is no sign of the installed software in Add/Remove programmes and no Uninstall option provided, so can anyone suggest how I might identify & reverse changes that were made or how I get rid of the search bar in Outlook?
cheers

fredzepp 00:36 16 Nov 2006

Thanks to all for your help the registry edit fixed the issue cheers

Stuartli 08:59 16 Nov 2006

Some four years ago I first came across the same inbuilt solution for getting rid of the rebranding in Internet Explorer (the source was, of course, PC Advisor!)

Very shortly afterwards, with due acknowledgements to PCA, I offered the solution after a similar query in a well-known newspaper's F!F!F! column and was inundated afterwards with thanks by e-mail from readers.

Many also asked about getting rid of the OE branding and I eventually came across the Registry hack.

The original solution, which you posted earlier, works fine for IE (note the space!) but, if you examine the line, you will notice the "ie" inclusion.

ClaudeBond 19:50 20 Nov 2006

If the bar is annoying you, go to View/Layout and remove the tick from the 'Info pane'.
You will hide the toolbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?