Orange Broadband keeps disconnecting

heavymetalkid 00:28 30 Nov 2006

My Orange Broadband keeps disconnecting. Some days are worse than others, but it happens on a regular basis. Today for example it vanished after two hours and when I re-connected, went again after another half hour. I have a speed touch dial box to reconnect and I rarely have trouble getting it back on...it's just keeping it on. Anyone advise?

johnnyrocker 00:33 30 Nov 2006

a word with your isp?

johnny.

heavymetalkid 00:37 30 Nov 2006

Hi mate...I've e-mailed them tonight, I just wondered if anyone else was getting problems as Orange have had a few outages of late.

chocolate cake 00:42 30 Nov 2006

My mother in law had a similar problem. Hers wasn't intermittent; she had no service for two/three months.

She had been with Wannadoo/Orange since she got the PC five years ago and the response she got was a rather drivelling "What do you want us to do about it?" - euphemistically speaking.

Best I can advise is to ditch orange and get a provider with customer service. That's what we've had to do to get her back on line.

heavymetalkid 00:45 30 Nov 2006

Well I've been thinking about it for some time, but inertia always prevails. Also all the hassle and mind games re. changing...mac code delays etc.

chocolate cake 00:49 30 Nov 2006

That's another thing. It took us another month to get the MAC codes released from the line.

I've gone and got me sen all worked up now!

Dipso 09:47 30 Nov 2006

If it's the Speedtouch 330 find your line stats.

If you do not have Dr. SpeedTouch installed, download it from: click here

Once installed, there should be a new system tray icon appear. Right click on the icon and choose Advanced then Write log file to disk. It will ask you where to save the file - choose your desktop for convenience.

Once the window disappears, double click on the file called drst.xml on your desktop to view your line stats.

Post back.

A lot of disconnections can be down to dodgy extension wiring.

phil.s 12:59 26 Jan 2007

Hi,

I've had problems with Orange ever since they migrated my line to LLU in october and I am not alone - there is a website dedicated to the problems called orangeproblems.co.uk

They have spent the last 3 months making me try all sorts of 'solutions' except draw the obvious conclusion that the LLU has not been done properly.

Both my Belkin wireless ADSL router and the supplied Speedtouch modem were working fine until they 'upgraded' the line from 2.0 to 3.5 Meg.

Before the upgrade I regularly achieved 2 Meg; the best I get now is 1.7 and the worst is 0.3 Meg.

The same thing may have been inflicted on you - ask them if they have upgraded the line recently.

worst of all is that it is apparently more difficult to obtain a MAC code when your line has been 'LLU'D'!

Phil

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:24 26 Jan 2007

Have had problems with Orange over the last couple of days keep loosing the connection and livebox lights disappearing.

So it is probably at their end not yours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017