ORANGE BROADBAND.

do-gull 21:38 17 Jan 2007

If I remove my internet connection I get the line cut off from my isp end, and then after phoning them up I have to wait 5 days till they reconnect me.

There answer is a problem with my filters ???
My daughter has a bt internet and removes her internet connection daily to stop the children using it and when she plugs it back in she is connected straight away.

Is it my filters? I don't see how it can be!!!

D.G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:45 17 Jan 2007

If I remove my internet connection what do you mean remove?

I can switch off my route / modem without a problem.

do you have a USB modem or a livebox?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:45 17 Jan 2007

I can switch off my route / modem without a problem.

do you have a USB modem or a livebox?

Dipso 21:51 17 Jan 2007

Sounds like some mess up on their part and they're trying to make out it's you!

do-gull 22:12 17 Jan 2007

unplug at the BT socket.

Flak999 22:24 17 Jan 2007

Very odd! I unplug my connection at the socket every night as I use an extention cable. I have no trouble reconnecting again. Sounds to me like the trouble is at their end!

johndrew 13:59 18 Jan 2007

I use Orange (ex-Wanadoo) Broadband and regularly either unplug at the `phone socket or USB with no problems getting back online at reconnect.

I have a Thomson SpeedTouch 330 ADSL Modem. Are you using the same/similar or do you have a Livebox?

VCR97 20:14 18 Jan 2007

Same as johndrew.

Salut 09:16 19 Jan 2007

Unplugging the bt socket is a recommended method of sorting out software problem on the Wanadoo/Orange modem (just done it as listed on the wandoo sites problem solver).

Have you considered using a pass word to stop unauthorised access (I have three children-it works much to their annoyance and my delight!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?