Options Problems with Internet Connection Wizard

cynote 10:14 11 Apr 2006

Recently had a system running Win 2000 Pro that lost its internet connection and the Connection Wizard would not allow me to manually reconnect. It would only offer access to "Broadband on all the time" with the other 2 options blanked. As a possible solution I tried upgrading the OS with XP Pro assuming that any file problems may be fixed, however the same problem has transported itself with the new system. Any help on this would be very much appreciated before I resort to a complete reinstall of the OS.
I have checked the verious applications in the admin services and they appear to be OK, however if I try to start the "Routing & Remote Access service", I get an Error 5 message.

johnnyrocker 10:43 11 Apr 2006

what type of connection do you have?

johnny.

cynote 11:21 11 Apr 2006

Johnnyrocker

Sorry should have mention "Broadband" requiring log-on and password. The wizard is only offering "Broadband on all the time". I have just been on Microsoft Knowledge and the problem may be with the group policy settings, so I will have to switch computer now to test it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?