Optical mice and cradles

Eveready Bunny 12:29 02 Mar 2004

I recently posted a thread about cordless keyboards and mice. I'm still looking for a codless set one with an optical mouse with over the three usual buttons. This is essential for online gaming for me at the moment. I was pointed out to me that optical mice eat battery life, are there optical mice that have a cradle?

Ps thanks to those who posted in my last thread.

How about this
click here

or this one with a card reader built in
click here

anchor 15:50 02 Mar 2004

As regards cordless mice; yes my Microsoft one seems to go through batteries fast.

I bought 4 rechargeable NiMh AAA batteries from 7dayshop for about a fiver. The mouse takes 2, and I keep the other 2 ready charged to replace them when the mouse stops working.

Logitech do a cordless optical mouse, with a cradle.

click here

AubreyS 16:03 02 Mar 2004

It think that the MX700, click here will do all you want. I have the older version of this mouse, the Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical. My one doesn't have the cradle, I wish it did. It does use batteries quickly but what I do is use rechargables and swap them over with the cordless phone batteries when they get low. But the cradle is a better idea.

Good luck.

AubreyS 16:53 02 Mar 2004

This one seems good value. click here Lots more here. click here

AubreyS 17:41 04 Mar 2004
  byfordr 18:10 04 Mar 2004

MX700 all day long! Batteries last about a week if left off the charger. £75 including cordless keyboard. About £45 without.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?