Optical mice

gold 47 13:20 01 Oct 2003

Bought a Optical mouse some time ago but since upgrading from WME to WXP i have a freezing computer
every think on the computer that couldn't work with XP was replaced but i was still left with the computer locking up so i went back to the old ball mouse no more lock up's i didn't know the mouse
could cause this problem but there you are you find somthing new every day.

plsndrs3 13:38 01 Oct 2003

I have Win XP Home on my PC with a Microsoft Optical Mouse attached - never had an issue! Have you tried the mouse on another OS since you changed over - just in case something went wrong with the gummings inside at the same time [knocked it accidentally or whatever]? What Optical mouse is it and have you tried reloading drivers?
regards,

Paul

graham√ 14:38 01 Oct 2003

It could be the mouse lead has a broken wire, that would cause the problem. The most likely place is where the lead enters the mouse. If you're handy with a soldering iron, open up the mouse and cut out a section.

graham√ 17:27 01 Oct 2003

Thank you Graham! Once again your help has proved invaluable. Nothing is beyond your wisdom. So thanks for nothing.

Chris the Ancient 19:00 01 Oct 2003

Ain't it frustrating? Even I don't spend that long in the loo!

I often wonder where these thread initiators go!

Chris

graham√ 19:55 01 Oct 2003

He/she has gone on the list.

graham√ 20:18 01 Oct 2003

No, after all we share the same mouse!

gold 47 18:06 02 Oct 2003

Sorry i was unable to reply computer went down after i ticked resolved so i was as i said unable to reply every think is now working and is now fine,but can see no use in people playing tick tack on my thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?