optermizers

cheeki 15:27 07 Mar 2007

does anybody know any very good sites for optermizers i would be able to download and use for free.os is xp home THANKS!

MichelleC 15:50 07 Mar 2007

Advanced Windows care is good click here

cheeki 16:00 07 Mar 2007

THANK'S MichelleC do you no of any more i could try.

provider 2 16:08 07 Mar 2007

Have a look at this, cheeki. It`s quite a long read though and you have to be very careful when trying to optimise things.click here

skidzy 16:38 07 Mar 2007

Nice link,thankyou.

cheeki:

WINASO Reg Optimiser (does a lot more)

This is not strictly free but has a unlimited time trial version,only correcting 10 errors at any one time,though very good.Full version corrects all errors with backup.

This has helped out on several occasions,and is worth the download,and if you like it...maybe you can consider buying it. click here

rawprawn 17:16 07 Mar 2007

I agree with skidzy regarding WINASO Reg Optimiser
I have to say that although the free version cleans only 10 faults at a time, I was in trouble about a week ago and on recomendation tried this program. I had to run it 14 times (137 problems)
but it fixed the problem. I am still using it and feel perhaps I really ought to buy it. Try it and see.

Belatucadrus 17:39 07 Mar 2007

click here for PCPal, another freebie, quite good, but not as comprehensive as Advanced Windowscare.

Don't expect miracles, unless your system is a real mess they don't make a really noticeable difference.

cheeki 08:18 08 Mar 2007

thanks a lot everyone checking your suggestions out.thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?