opinions on what laptop to purchase please.

sean_dunderdale 19:38 09 Feb 2003

im looking for a laptop that has sufficient capabilties to run animation and image manipulation programs, such as "flash", "photoshop" and "3d max". Im currently looking carfeully at the mesh range and novatech and my budget is around £1500 tops. Any suggestions?

sean.

Rtus 19:50 09 Feb 2003

Have you tried page 135 of the "Spring" PCA Mag ?? you may not have to buy one..

nick_j007 22:48 09 Feb 2003

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 (now the 8200) and this machine really is the dogs....
Have a look at their web site and see what you can get there to meet your budget. Dell.com I think then go to UK.
I consider it be a desk top replacement machine and if you are looking to spend that much Dell will do it for you. Of course, there are others out there, and I do tend to go for the magazines recommendations as long as it actually meets my requirements.
So buy all the mag's you can that give write ups in this price bracket.
My machine will run the prog's listed no problem, and I have to say, you could spend alot less on your machine for it to still cope with this sort of stuff. Consider waht it is that you REALLY need, but keep an eye on the future of your computing needs/desires. I don't think I need to tell you that for this sort of money you could have a 'serious' desktop?
The RAM available will enable you to run more applications at once. I have 256 MB of RAM and this enough for me. I hope that helps a wee bit, but hopefully now this is nearer the top others will have their say too?!

Regards, Nick Jones.

I remember how excited I was when waiting on my new laptop so I trust you have a good experience too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?