Opinions wanted recent Ashampoo Platinum products

QinesiQ 17:00 08 May 2007

Hi what do you think of ASHAMPOO WINOPTIMIZER PLATINUM 3 and ASHAMPOO UNINSTALLER PLATINUM 2 ?

I am running the winoptimiser and uninstaller platinum suits (on XP) and I have found them to be very good (nuked Norton "security" a treat when all else failed). I just wonder if it’s worth the bother of upgrading. I have an offer - $9 each – which is quite a discount. Will they provide anything better?

Any thoughts?

bluto1 21:29 08 May 2007

Ashampoo will no doubt provide something better in the fullness of time. I`ve found their products to be good and would willingly recommend them to anybody. Like you,I often wonder if it`s worth upgrading.
The answer to that is: If you`re happy with what you`ve got....No.
Then the price comes into the argument...truly, if you like the price, and by the way, the spec of the upgrade then go for it. I haven`t had the offer yet.

provider 2 22:15 08 May 2007

I too run WinOptimiser Platinum 3, though selectively, never using the one click options. Too much can happen too fast,I suppose.
As bluto 1 says, these are good products and the price is a good one, it would make sense to go for it, especially as they are likely to make you other offers in the future.

QinesiQ 22:59 08 May 2007

Hi bluto1 & provider 2

Thank you both for your comments. Much appreciated. I think I will let myself be tempted by the offers.

Incidently, I got the offers after installing cover disk older versions of the products (pc pro & computer world I think).

provider 2 12:24 09 May 2007

QunesiQ,
Forgot to mention Ashampoo does a "Name Your Price for Software" promotion where you do just that and you can then negotiate the price. I`m not sure but it may be an offer that is open only to registered customers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?