Opinions please - Enquiry form or email link?

sugarbabe 12:14 16 Nov 2006

At present my website has an email link and phone numbers for people to contact me. I get quite a few hits but no enquiries as yet from site.

If i had an enquiry form as well as email links do you think i would get more enquiries????

Know it is probably personal opinion but would welcome your comments.

Griffon 17:09 16 Nov 2006

I think for a commercial site it can give a slightly more professional feel to your site.

You can also set up a autorespond so that the person gets a "We'll contact you as soon as possible" message. At least they know your site is active then. However, don't incude their message in your auto response otherwise it's a gift to spammers to send messages to whoever they like using your domain.

I don't know what others think but it means that you can also list your email address as an image file (rather than as a link) so that these bots that spider the web for active emails to spam don't find yours. They'll probably find you anyway - especially if your system autoresponds - but there you go - my two penneth!!

PurplePenny 20:52 16 Nov 2006

Personally I prefer an e-mail link because then I get a copy of it in my sent mail. With an enquiry form I don't get a copy.

ajm 22:37 16 Nov 2006

Some emails forms , if set up correctly, will also send you a copy of the email you filled out in the email form.

I have set a couple of websites for friends/family which use email forms that will send a copy of what you filled out in the form to whoever filled the form out

PurplePenny 12:32 17 Nov 2006

That relies on the web designer having set it up that way. I've yet to use one that has sent me a copy of my message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?