Opinion Time (again!)

Ben Avery 11:10 16 Jun 2004

G'day folks,

Just a quick opinion on a site I've designed for a friend locally. He only wanted a page or so so I made 2 pages and he's happy witht he results.

What do you guys and galls think though?

BA

Ben Avery 11:11 16 Jun 2004

click here

(hangs head in shame...)

tomleady 11:31 16 Jun 2004

loads very quick.

i like the flash intro as well.

the two pages see consistent.

so well done!

Ben Avery 11:36 16 Jun 2004

Cheers! Good feedback is always nice!

Maybe I should've took off my bracelet before I took a picture of my hand though eh? Ah well! ;)

BA

The Intro does seem a little unnecessary but the main site works very well, nicely laid out and easily legible.

one thing though is that I wonder why you have not included a physical address or at least a location. presumably this is not a nationwide company so it would seem like a reasonable idea to give viewers a notion of the area the company services.

Ben Avery 14:32 16 Jun 2004

Aha! You obviously thought of something he didn't! I'll have a word with him about this (unless he's venturing further afield?!).

I would think a map of area covered could look nice?

I'll have a word!

BA

james55 22:18 16 Jun 2004

Went through the flash intro and liked it, noticed I could skip it, which gives a choice.
Sorry didn't have time to go into more detail.

Jim.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:32 16 Jun 2004

have a flash intro (I personally hate them), how about putting a shammy in the hand, and wipe away a cloudy screen? Just a thought.

The site does look very professional (and clean).

Ben Avery 00:08 17 Jun 2004

I did contemplate the shammy but I'll let you in on a little secret - I designed the site last Thursday whilst laying in bed and to be perfectly honest it was so warm and cosy with my notebook on my lap that I didn't want to get up!

Seriously though, I did contemplate it but Nick was happy with it the way it was (I even suggested that I change the hand to one of his industrial cleaners if he'd prefer it - but he liked the hand!)

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone