Opinion on this PC ?

GeorgeGeee 07:53 11 Jul 2012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIBOX-COBRA-112-QUAD-CORE-i5-2500K-NVIDIA-GTX-560-2TB-FAST-GAMING-COMPUTER-PC-/221005292034?pt=UKComputingDesktopPCs&hash=item3374f12202#ht1796wt1139

Specs:

Intel i5 2500K Quad Core CPU 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM 2TB Hard Drive Storage Space NvidIa GeForce GTX 560 Graphics Card High Performance Motherboard Stylish Tower Case & 500W PSU

I have a few concerns about this PC package. I know for a fact that the CPU/RAM is sufficient, and the HDD seems sufficient too. However I have doubts about the GPU/PSU.

The PSU is 500w, and the minimum requirements for the GTX 560 is 450w, could that cause an issue being so close to the minimum requirement?

Also, I wanted to get the GTX 560ti, but it seems computers with this GPU are a lot more expensive. Will I be missing out on much? Is the GTX 560 still a very good GPU? I'm currently using an NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT, so I know it will still be a huge upgrade in comparison. I intend to play games such as ARMA 2 on high settings with this new PC, due to my current PC running them on the lowest settings at 30fps. This graph ( http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/products/shared/lineup.png ) on the NVIDIA website shows little difference between the 560 and the 560ti, will I be safe using the 560 for a good few years without upgrading? I intend to run games on medium-high settings at 60fps.

Opinions on this PC?

KRONOS the First 09:24 11 Jul 2012

Whereas with a quality PSU 500W would be enough for this PC but as I suspect the PSU will be of a lesser quality then I have my doubts.

As you quite rightly say there is very little difference between the 560 and the 560Ti so I think that your GPU will fit your needs.

The PSU is another matter,I would get in touch with the seller and ask him what make/model it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?