Opera.exe missing

joseph k. 10:34 14 May 2004

On attempting to launch 'Microsoft catalogue' from XP, I have been told that 'Opera exe.' is missing. Any ideas. This has happened since I tested out some other browsers including 'Opera' - would this have any relevance?

TomJerry 10:40 14 May 2004

You set opera as the default broswer when you test opera. You need to edit file type associate to make IE the default's broswer again.

Easier way: Use XP's restore function to restore to the point before Opera test if you have turn on your XP restore function.

A useful trick: Create a Power User and test anything from that user.

joseph k. 11:14 14 May 2004

It's all been a bit of an episode I'm afraid! I have since uninstalled Opera, tried all I knew and finally decided that the only thing left was to take the drastic (and probably stupid) action of reinstalling XP and all the necessary updates. It was then that I tried this (and to reinstall my sound drivers) that I noticed nothing had improved. A catalogue of errors methinks!

joseph k. 18:33 14 May 2004

Reinstalled Opera - everything was great. Re-uninstalled opera - it was terrible again. Discovered I needed to reinstall Windows Journal Viewer - It's great again. Touch my head! Is that a fair plot for an.............Opera. Perhaps not they always tend to end badly. Here's hoping not!

joseph k. 22:35 14 May 2004

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrm. And reinstalling opera once more in grim, if temporary defeat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?