Opera and resetting passwords.

Daibus 13:26 08 Dec 2005

I suddenly find when using Opera that I have to keep entering my password to get into certain web pages, for example:- My Yahoo and PC Advisor whereas previously the passwords were set on my computer.

My cookies settings do not seem to have altered but I've probably altered something. If I use Firefox or IE everything is fine and I don't have to keep resetting the passwords.

Any ideas?

octal 13:34 08 Dec 2005

Have a look in Tools>Advanced and open Wand Passwords and make sure there is a tick in Cookies, that should retain the passwords.

Daibus 13:48 08 Dec 2005

Many thanks for your reply but in Wand Passwords Cookies are ticked - any more ideas?

Daibus 15:25 15 Dec 2005

Still unable to set passwords using Opera and I've been into Cookies/Wand - ticked and unticked but no joy.

If I use Firefox or IE there is no problem and the passwords are retained -any ideas?

octal 17:38 15 Dec 2005

I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with your Opera installation. You could try deleting and re-installing it, don't forget to save your Opera bookmarks before you delete it though, they can't be imported after the re-install.

Daibus 19:21 15 Dec 2005

Thank you for your reply - I've just done an Image Restore with Acronis - back about 24 hrs and all is well again but I have suspicion that the problem occured after I did a Spybot scan when it found 2 negligable type threats - but that is only a guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?