opera & pcadvisor

preston 01:04 04 Mar 2005

i downloaded the opera browser the other day, tried to get the pcadvisor site. i keep getting a eror message saying it cant find the server for the site. is there any adjusment to the browser i can make so i can get pcadvisor to load. if not its back to IE where i have no problem bringing up pcadvisor.

LeadingMNMs 09:14 04 Mar 2005

Have you tried since ? I know a few days ago I had trouble getting this site to load (using Firefox) but its obviously back up and running.

Checked the site with Opera today and certainly works here.

Old Shep 09:31 04 Mar 2005

I use Opera Version 7.54u2. Never have problems getting on this site with it and use it all the time. There has of late been a Beta Version 8 which one are you using. Regards

GibsonSt19 10:28 04 Mar 2005

Working flawlessly here.

Pesala 15:23 04 Mar 2005

Not that I know anything about firewalls, except that they sometimes cause problems. You can get Opera specific help here: click here

Mr Mistoffelees 17:43 04 Mar 2005

Opera 8 Beta 2 and Norton Internet Security here. This site is working just fine for me.

preston 23:56 04 Mar 2005

thanks guys. i tried looking for pcadvisor under search and i got it that way rather than using its web address. as i'm new to opera i will keep testing it out for a couple of months.again to all thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?