Opera browser question

sjbell 12:06 10 Jan 2005

I've been experimenting with the latest version of the Opera browser and I quite like it. There is just one niggle. Despite installing the UK English language pack (which I thought would solve this problem) when I visit certain websites I am automatically given the US defaults (for example when I go to the Microsoft support website click here) instead of the site recognising my location / settings. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Graham ® 12:55 10 Jan 2005

You may have downloaded the US English version. Look in Help, About Opera for the version.

Graham ® 13:09 10 Jan 2005

Sorry, that doesn't tell you! Maybe there's only the one English version. Is Microsoft site OK with other browsers?

Graham ® 13:17 10 Jan 2005

Just been experimenting myself, microsoft.com takes me to the US site (Pacific Time at the bottom), but I can navigate to the UK site using Countries & Regions on the left.

I think this is by design, but raise a bug report and see what their response is.

sjbell 13:21 10 Jan 2005

Other browsers are OK (IE and Firefox). I downloaded the US English version of Opera (7.54u1) as it had security fixes which the UK English version (7.23) didn't - perhaps this is the reason. It's not a major issue. I'm probably going to use Firefox in preference anyway. I will take your advice and post a question in the Opera forums. Thanks for your input. I'll mark the post as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?