Opera Browser problems

preston 07:59 14 Oct 2009

My Opera has been giving me problems lately. A lot of sites will not load, if they do load its at a crawl. I have a problem playing back maedia from sites, also the picture quality of sites is awful. Don't have this problem with IE8. It has only happened in the last week or so.

Graphicool1 09:29 14 Oct 2009

If you have add-on's and plug-in's remove them. If it then works ok, (if you feel the need to replace them) add them one at a time and see how it goes.

kalignorgna 11:40 14 Oct 2009

have you updated it to version 10 if so try turning the turbo turned on ( or off if it is alredy on) and see if it makes a diffrence

dms_05 12:32 14 Oct 2009

If you look in Menu>Tools>Quick Preferences and try turning off Javascript for the sites that load very slowly. I've done that for a few and they now load much faster.

preston 16:54 14 Oct 2009

i have no plug-ins, just got opera 10, did java script. no joy. Never had a problem with any version till opera 10.Will try reinstalling it.

kalignorgna 09:03 15 Oct 2009

in opera 10 there is a turbo button in the bottom left corner it has three modes off, on and automatic i have had some problems with this feature regarding page loads so suggest cycling this before reinstalling opera from scratch

preston 17:55 16 Oct 2009

Kalignorgna, Turned Opera turbo off, now everything back to normal. thanks everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?