Opera and bookmarks

Tim1964 20:56 05 Oct 2003

I am currently using Opera as I'm having probs with IE6.

My question is ..Is there a way to keep the 'bookmarks' on the page (left hand side) when in full screen mode?
When using IE6 I liked having the 'Favorites' folders open but at the moment I'm having to press F11, click on a link and then press F11 again.

Thanks,

Chegs ® 21:25 05 Oct 2003

Top line of the browser click "View" and select "Hotlist" and you can have it "docked" or "floating"

Tim1964 21:59 05 Oct 2003

I clicked on View and hotlist but I don't see a 'docked' option, only a Left,Right and Floating.
When selecting 'Floating' the bookmarks list fills the screen.

Chegs ® 22:19 05 Oct 2003

Then select left/right and it will list the Bookmarks down either side.

I use Opera 6.05 as when I tried 7.** each time the page refreshed it returned to the top of the page.Not much trouble on most sites,but some of the threads in here go to 40+ posts before starting afresh,and as I had set it to refresh every minute,when reading down a thread I would suddenly find myself looking back at the 1st post. :-)

Pesala 09:31 06 Oct 2003

F4 will toggle the hotlist to the position you last left it. I recommend keeping it on the right, then most of the page doesn't move when you turn it on/off.

You can customise full screen mode to have toolbars, scroll bars, etc. click here for a few tips.

Ctrl F8 will show/hide the address bar, Ctrl F7 will show/hide the scroll bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017