OpenOfficev1.9.95

bretsky 22:27 23 Apr 2005

Installed version 1.1.4 the other day and have just installed v1.9.95.........looks great, just sent a spreadsheet doc to a friend who has $M/S excel, and he was able to open and read the file which I had created on calc but saved to xls file.

I understand that this version is the beta version, so unknown issues maybe round the corner.

Had to uninstall the previous version, tried to install over it and the pc crashed big style.

Dymo label writer not supported which is a pain, or I should say that Dymo does not support OpenOffice Suite,just $M/S & Mac supported,I am waiting to hear from Dymo support on that one, but has a pdf Creator that sits in the tool bar which works fine albeit basic.

Otherwise its looks great, haven't had a chance to use other apps in the suite yet.
And the best bit is it's free.

bretsky ;0)

Diodorus Siculus 23:10 23 Apr 2005

Yes, it's good and I use it on Suse Linux - eagerly awaiting version 2.

bretsky 17:24 03 May 2005

Come on people, I can't believe that I'm the only person other than Diodorus Siculus using this great program!

No literature available yet on the new suite other than from click here

bretsky ;0)

Simsy 17:37 03 May 2005

for tryout purposes, and I have to agree that it's remakable. I have Office 2000, and I mess about with VBA, which OpenOffice doesn't support, so Office will stay as my main tool... but the conversion to pdf is gret in OOffice... it keeps hyperlinks, for example!

Regards,

Simsy

bretsky 17:44 03 May 2005

If you come across "any issues" the OpenOffice forum is a great place to start, from click here

bretsky ;0)

Belatucadrus 20:07 03 May 2005

"I can't believe that I'm the only person other than Diodorus Siculus using this great program!"

click here

You aren't.

bretsky 21:29 03 May 2005

I was referring to my thread and the lack of responses.........but thanx for the link.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone