OpenOffice.org

TonyV 19:11 01 Jan 2006

I have the latest version 2.0.1 of OOo but cannot see how to Anglicize it. In the General User details it is all related to USA with Zip Codes and States, and doesn't switch across to a UK feel when you put in United Kingdom. Is there a way of giving it a more UK feel?

Thanks

TonyV

keith-236785 21:46 01 Jan 2006

im using version 1.1.5 from 2003 lol, mine is set up ok for me but im pretty new to OOo so cant really comment. i just accepted the defaults and started to use it. as a convert from Micro$oft office its taking a little getting used to (little things like inserting a picture in a document and changing the page to landscape) have proved to be a challenge.

i have changed the settings to UK in the tools/options/language settings/languages page but havent had the chance to check it out yet.

cant offer any advice im afraid, at least it will bump you back up again.

good luck

octal 22:59 01 Jan 2006

I have checked my copy of OOo2 As paperman27 says make sure all the settings in Tools>options>Languages are set to UK, This won't change the form where you enter your personal details, but I can't see this makes much difference really, but I can understand why you would want to have it in UK style.

Its still a damned good program for nufink!

playmofire 10:58 02 Jan 2006

Maybe TonyV wants it in UK style 'cos he's in the UK. There is a world beyond the US, you know.

TonyV 11:38 02 Jan 2006

Two nations seperated by a common language!!

octal - Mine is set to uk but that has no effect on the Data if you want to use any of the templates etc! I have been on a OOo forum and there is a way of getting aen_GB Language Pack, but I am waiting for some one there to tell me how to get it!

TonyV 13:08 02 Jan 2006

I think I now have all the information that I need regarding this little problem. I'll close it now but if it isn't as expected, I'll come back!

Thanks everyone

TonyV

octal 13:22 02 Jan 2006

I'm following the link in OO click here it'll be interesting what they come up with.

I have installed the GB English dictionaries using the Wizard so that isn't a problem.

playmofire, direct your sarcasm at the US please.

TonyV 14:49 02 Jan 2006

From your link I followed bobharvey 2/1/06 1.01am on his link click here then copied the link shown by the asterisk. Once that was opened I downloaded the complete file. I also followed the link from taylormc and this gives the GB version of OOo. I will un-install what I have and install this last version.

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 15:32 02 Jan 2006

Thought you might like to know that the en_GB version of OOo from the link above has now been installed and the User Data is set as UK. Now I have to put the Thesaurus in. That seems to be a torturous route to go thro' but I'll have a bash!

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 16:00 02 Jan 2006

Just to finish this off, the Thesaurus from 8daysaweek has gone in fine and works a treat. If you go that route, make sure you print the .pdf file on installation. You need that in front of you because there is a file that needs editing to ensure that the Thesaurus functions correctly.

Cheers

TonyV

octal 17:19 02 Jan 2006

Thanks for all that info, the trouble is I run the linux version of OOo2 so I have downloaded the tar ball version of the language pack and will have a look at installing it later.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?