OpenOffice Woes

AngeTheHippy 17:53 16 Mar 2003

Oh woe is me.... I like this freebe s/w - It does all I need it to but, I used to use Lotus SmartSuite Millenium on my 98se PC, but now my new PC is an XP one, it doesn't like Lotus - however many patches I apply, so I've ditched it for this OpenOffice. Trouble is, it doesn't recognise older docs that are saved in .lwp (Lotus word pro?). Any ideas what I can do about this? I cld of course install Lotus just long enough to copy all the stuff I want into OpenOffice or even wordpad and re-save, but it seems the last resort really....

In hope,
AngeTheHippy
xx

recap 18:27 16 Mar 2003

If you do not have any other software that could open the doc's, then the only thing you can do AngeTheHippy is what you have suggested.

AngeTheHippy 21:54 16 Mar 2003

but thanks recap, anyway.

interzone55 22:12 16 Mar 2003

I'm running XP and have installed Lotus Smartsuite millenium with no problems.

But I also have OpenOffice and no, it won't open any Word Pro documents, no matter which filters I try.

AngeTheHippy 10:05 17 Mar 2003

I've had quite a few niggles with this XP since I got the PC in November... had to format the HDD 3 times now, and THEN the vendor thought that I MIGHT need an update for the motherboard chipset (?) Since then though, (crossed fingers) it's been behaving itself (mostly). I'll just have to re-install Lotus and lift everything and re-save in (wordpad) I think.

Ta,

AngeTheHippy

€dstow 10:34 17 Mar 2003

Smartsuite 9·7 is the earliest version that claims to be compatible with XP. Note 9 point 7, not 97. Smartsuite Millennium is version 9·5.

You can get it for £23 from click here

€d

interzone55 20:32 17 Mar 2003

I have verion 9.8, which is odd because I bought the PC it came with in 1999.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone