OpenOffice

cowgirl66 15:01 11 Jul 2007

I have downloaded this suite and installed only the Write with a custom installation. I'm now wanting to try out the Draw and Base parts of it too. I was wondering if it is feasible to simply keep OpenOffice as it is on my computer, but restart the installation and get just those two extra applications with a further custom install?

Or should I reinstall from scratch?

Regards cowgirl66

octal 15:06 11 Jul 2007

Have you downloaded the complete package? If you have I think just click on the EXE file and install the whole lot.

tip to speed up the launch of open office

Tools and then options sections. In the memory dialogue box, increase graphics cache to 64MB and memory per object to 8MB. It will take Open Office a few openings before this helps.

also in tools options untick the java box

cowgirl66 15:41 11 Jul 2007

Octal, yes I had to downoad the whole suite; but when it came to installation there were two choices - typical or custom. I chose custom and installed only the Writer application.

I don't want to install the whole lot, only Writer which I already have along with the Draw and Base applications.

Thanks Raven, although my OpenOffice starts very quickly with no problem.

Regards cowgirl66

octal 15:43 11 Jul 2007

I think if you run the EXE file again and choose custom install it should show Writer already installed, just go ahead and tick the other ones you want.

cowgirl66 15:50 11 Jul 2007

Thank you, Octal. I will do just that.

Regards cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?