Opening photographic 'e' mail attachments

23790954 19:18 09 Jul 2007

Hi! there,

A problem has cropped up with my daughter in laws computer, which I cannot find the answer to, although I build and repair computers as a hobby in my retiring years. Her sister from Germany 'e' mails photographs of the family to her in 'e' mail attachments, but when she attempts to open the attachments in the normal way, a message appears on the monitor stating that Outlook Express does not have the ability to open these attachments, go to control panel and change settings to suit. I have examined the control panel and its contents for some time, but I cannot decide which settings to change. She uses Windows XP Pro and Outlook Express for her 'e' mails. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be, and how to rectify it. Many thanks for any advice given.

VoG II 19:21 09 Jul 2007

Is it this type of message click here

What is the format of the pictures? (.jpg. .pps, ...)

Technotiger 20:57 09 Jul 2007

In Control Panel, Appearance and Themes, Folder Options, File Types, changed all JPG files. JPE, JPEG, JPG to use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, save changes, then try again.

Technotiger 21:27 09 Jul 2007

Ooops, I was thinking of Vista - still the same for XP, but without the Appearance and Themes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone