Opening New Explorer Window Maximised

Firewire 18:14 05 Apr 2003

Hi

Using Windows 2000, when I right-clicked a webpage link and selected 'Open in new Window' the page always used to open maximised. Now though it opens 'restore down' which is the opposite to maximised. I can't find how to reset this but I seem to remember there is no simple setting to enable the new window to be opened maximised.

Is there a simple setting to enable the new windows to be opened maximised? It's getting fustrating having to click on the maximise button each time I open a new window this way.

Thanks

Kevin

watchful 18:16 05 Apr 2003

I think if you click right on the edges and drag it to the size you want, it will stay that way.

Peter E 18:40 05 Apr 2003

watchful is about right. I find that if I leave just one window open, drag the edges until it fills the screen (rather than maximise) and then use "File - Close" to close the window, when I now open new windows they will always open at the right size.

Firewire 14:22 06 Apr 2003

Hi to you both

I've just tried to right click and drag but it doesn't work. I then tried left clicking, dragging to full size and then using File Close and it worked.

Thanks to you both.

Kevin

Peter E 16:38 06 Apr 2003

Pleased it's sorted. By the way, I think you misunderstood watchful who meant "left" click (right) on the edges of the window and not right click.

Regards

watchful 22:15 06 Apr 2003

Thanks Peter for clarifying that. You understood what I meant and I'm pleased that the problem has been solved and that Firewire did do the usual 'left click.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?