Opening MIM file

diljitsinghji 18:02 25 Mar 2005

I have just been sent some photos and they are on a MIM file. I can't open them. I am running windows xp. I also have pageplus 10 and Serif photoplus 9 installed on my PC. Any suggestions how I can open this file?
Thanks

VoG II 18:09 25 Mar 2005
  jbp1982 18:14 25 Mar 2005

MIME file. MIME is an acronym for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions. In other words, .mim files are a way of sending files across the internet as an attachment to E-Mail messages. MIME is simply a format which E-Mail can understand and send. Usually, a file which arrives as a single .mim file, when opened, contains several individual separate files, usually compressed in a similar manner to a .zip file. WinZip, CoffeeCup Free Zip or similar programs can open these files. With the advent of modern E-Mail clients, it is not a popular method any longer and is often the source of virus deposits now.

extracted from:

click here

diljitsinghji 19:19 25 Mar 2005

Can someone suggest which program i need to install from the internet, a free download. I still can't open the file

Alan2 21:26 25 Mar 2005

I had exactly the same problem a few days ago and was about to give up when I tried IrfavView and the picture just appeared.

I was then able to save it as a jpeg file.

Get it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?