Opening IE8 from favorites slowwwww

legalrep 08:47 22 Mar 2009

Been using IE8 for a few days and seems ok but when I open from taskbar-favorites it takes ages to open up to 15 seconds! If I open from desktop short cut its about 5-6 seconds is anyone else experiencing the same and is there any way to speed open the opening time from the favorites menu?

sunnystaines 10:08 22 Mar 2009

its just some of us get a free portion of treacle i have it too and with opening new tabs.

legalrep 14:03 22 Mar 2009

Once open its ok but the slowness opening is so irritating! Do you think it will be addressed because if not I might just revert back to 7!

sunnystaines 14:10 22 Mar 2009

same here once opened ok till you open a tab

Graphicool1 16:06 22 Mar 2009

I did and look I'm back with good ol'IE7. That caused me a few hiccups initially, but it was nothing compared to the trials and tribulations I got with IE8 and I only had that for one day!

Why make yourselves suffer any more than you need to. Although I didn't try it myself, someone said when he had IE8 installed it also obversely affected the performance of Firefox, something to do with graphics.

Anyway I might have another look in about six months. When MS has has time to recover from the onslaught of verbal stones and arrows from us poor sad sufferers.

legalrep 18:54 22 Mar 2009

I did revert and your right like you I'll take another look in a few months time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?